Veggie Loaded Thai Red Curry with Spice Rubbed Chicken Thighs This one pan meal (!) combines so many strong, great flavors for giant bowl of warm, creamy goodness. I loaded it up with my favorite veggies, some added heat, and served it up with some brown rice noodles. Make sure to get a good, hot sear on the chicken for some added texture. Definitely recommend for those cozy nights at home!
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
– turmeric, curry powder, ginger for spice rub
– red bell pepper, diced
– broccoli, diced
– small yellow onion, chopped
– zucchini, sliced
– handful mushrooms, sliced
– shallot, sliced
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– handful + garnish fresh basil
– 1 tsp ground ginger
– 1 pkg red Thai curry paste
– 1.5 cans full fat coconut milk
– 3/4 water
– dash of soy sauce
– whole red dried chili, plus red chili flakes
– scallions, lime
– Rub chicken well on both sides with turmeric, curry powder and ginger
– heat olive oil in a cast iron pan (or dutch oven)— once hot, add thighs and sear/brown for three minutes per side. Remove from pan.
– add ginger, garlic, shallot, onions, and some salt. Cook on medium for five minutes and until softened and fragrant.
– add some fresh basil, mushroomsX zucchini, pepper, broccoli and chili pepper and stir. Let cook down for another five minutes. Add a splash of soy sauce.
– add red curry paste and combine. Stirring for one minute
– add coconut milk, water and reduce to low. Let cook for 3 minutes. Add salt to taste.
– add chicken and more basil to the pan- chicken should be 3/4 submerged to continue cooking through. Cook on low for 15 minutes.
– while cooking, boil water and cook rice noodles.
– once the chicken is cooked through add rice noodles to the pan. Top with a squeeze of lime, lime wedges, more fresh basil, and some chopped scallions