Salted Chocolate Chunk Cookies Today is all about the sweets— & the best part is, these are GF/V friendly! I searched for the perfect recipe to make for my best friend birthday and came across this gem from — she called them “the best damn gluten free vegan chocolate chunk cookies” and she was right! Great texture and flavors all around. I opted to mix it up with both dark & milk chocolate and went heavy on the Needless to say, people went in for 2nds and 3rds. Highly recommend saving this for a great, quick chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Recipe for 10-12 cookies (I doubled it and am so glad I did)
– 1.5 cups almond flour (spooned and leveled)
– 3 tbsp coconut flour (spooned and leveled)
– pinch salt
– 3/4 tsp baking soda
– 2 tbsp melted coconut oil (refined- not hot)
– 3 tbsp almond butter (or peanut butter)
– 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
– splash (+) pure vanilla extract
– 1 almond milk chocolate bar, chopped
– dark chocolate baking gems (chopped roughly)
– sea salt flakes to top
Preheat oven to 350. Add almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt to a bowl— whisk to combine well. In a smaller bowl, add melted coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla. Mix to combine. Add wet to dry and mix together. Add in chopped chocolate. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop cookies to desired size and push to shape flatten a bit (they do not spread when baked!). Place tray of cookies in freezer for 10 minutes. Remove and bake until golden brown — 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and after five minutes. Move to cooling rack. Enjoy!