Pumpkin Spice Dutch Baby W/ Toasted Pecans & Maple Whipped Ricotta here for all your weekend brunch inspo! Not letting go of pumpkin season yet— this is definitely a dish for those of you who love a little sweetness in your breakfast! The pumpkin purée gives it a slight “pie” like consistency compared to a regular Dutch baby, which pairs great with the crunchy toasted pecans. The maple whipped ricotta brings an element of creaminess and it all works best with some maple syrup drizzled over the top. The pumpkin, cinnamon and maple flavors trickle through each element so every bite is packed with fall flavors! Great hot, great room temp, & easy to reheat (toast back in a pan)!
– 3 large eggs at room temp, 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup pumpkin purée, 3/4 cup flour. 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tbsp coconut sugar, 1 tbsp light brown sugar, 2 tbsp unsalted butter
– pecans: heat oven to 350. melt 1 tbsp of butter in the cast iron pan. Pour in 1/2 cup pecans, 2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Mix to coat and place in oven at 350 for 7-10 minutes.
– maple whipped ricotta: 3/4 cup fresh ricotta, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp powdered sugar, 1.5 tbsp syrup- whisk/whip to combine.
– Dutch baby: heat oven to 400. Let cast iron pan heat up. Combine all ingredients (eggs, milk, flour, pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, salt, sugar) and blend until smooth. Remove skillet from over. Heat butter until melted in pan. Pour in the batter and transfer to the oven. Bake for 22-25 minutes until golden brown and puffed! ( batter recipe)
– Top with cinnamon sugar toasted pecans, maple whipped ricotta & your favorite syrup & enjoy!