Farfalle Aglio e Olio with Crispy Prosciutto, Spinach & Fontina This pasta looks simple, but the flavor is divine! After having dinner at and trying their incredible Farfalle Cecchini, i was inspired to recreate this dish for a date night at home. The cubed prosciutto allows for a crispy outside and pops of salty goodness running throughout the dish. The fontina gives the perfect amount of funk, and the garlic and oil.. well, that’s just the OG. Best served with a fresh loaf from and some quality red wine!
– 1 lb farfalle
– 8 cloves garlic, chopped/minced
– 1/2 cup EVOO
– 1 pkg cubed prosciutto
– 5 ounces fresh spinach
– 1 cup of freshly grated fontina cheese
– bring salted pasta water to a boil in a pot.
– in a sauce pan/pot over medium heat, cook the cubed prosciutto until browned and crispy. Remove from heat with a slotted spoon.
– add pasta to boiling water- cook until al dente
– add olive oil to sauce pan and reduce heat to medium low. After two minute, add 1/2 of the garlic and cook for two minutes. Add remaining half of the garlic and cook through. Making sure that no garlic burns and that you are getting max flavor.
– add cooked pasta, spinach, fontina, prosciutto to the garlic and oil and stir to combine. If needed, add a little pasta water to open up the sauce. Add salt to taste.