Crispy prosciutto, kale, & potato pizza We love pizza in this house and finally decided to try out the cast iron method— and damn, no turning back now! With inspo from a trip to for this pie, and an assist from for the fresh dough and salted mutz, this exceeded all expectations! MAKE THIS!
The cast iron pan ensures that the base of your pizza gets nice and crispy. I brushed the crust with some garlic oil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder for some extra flavor. This combo really is incredible!
Whats your favorite out of the box pizza combination?!
– quality pizza dough
– 2 ounces diced prosciutto
– two cups kale, chopped with stems removed
– 3/4 cup diced potatoes
– 1/4 pound mozz cheese
– freshly grated parmigiana reggiano
– chili garlic oil— minced onion , chili flakes cooked down in oil
– place pizza dough in a bowl and drizzle lightly with olive oil to coat. Lightly cover with plastic wrap and let it rise (2-3 hours)
– toss kale with a little olive oil and salt. place kale on lined baking sheet and cook at 400 for 6 minutes, so it begins to crisp. remove and set aside.
– raise heat of oven to 475 and place rack on top rack.
– in a small pot of boiling water, add diced baby potatoes and cook until tender (5-7 minutes!)
– cook and crisp up the diced prosciutto in the pan. Remove prosciutto and excess oil. place pan in oven for five minutes to heat through. Remove and set on stove.
– start to work the dough with your hands into circular shape. Move it to the pan and work it (carefully, pan is hot!) to the sides getting it to fill the space.
– add layer of sliced, salted mozzarella, then add fresh parm, crispy prosciutto, diced potatoes and kale. Brush the crust with a little garlic chili oil.
– bake on top rack for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. I finished with a two minute broil (watch so kale doesn’t burn!).
– let cool, drizzle with a little olive oil and enjoy!